How to Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-CFAutoRoot For SM-T807T/SM-T807P + Firmware
Note: I did not make any of these root methods. Credits of the people who confirmed/ported cfautoroot is at the end of this post. I got permission to post these root methods here as most of the discussion happened in the General thread. I am not responsible for any damages done to your device. This will trip knox as always and this root method is only for the TMobile and Sprint Tab S 10.5! You’ve been warned!
Root is now available for these devices! Hope you enjoy and hopefully this should get some development going!
CFAutoRoot for SM-T807T (Tmobile):
Ripx88 confirmed T805 Cfautoroot works for SM-T807T, but you may have a broken recovery. He also confirmed that Twrp and Philz CWM for SM-T805 also works on the SM-T807T. Thanks to him!
CFAutoRoot For SM-T807P (Sprint):
Goriell ported Cfautoroot to this model. Props to him! Still awating for others to confim.
How to install:
Make sure that in settings>general>security reactivation lock is OFF
Follow these instructions to the letter. Do not touch any buttons or check boxes that are not listed below to touch!
* Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-….zip file (see posts below this one)
* If you end up with a recovery.img and cache.img file, you’ve extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar.md5 file – don’t extract that one
* (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
* Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
* Click the PDA (AP in odin v3.x) button, and select CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5
* Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot – if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
* (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
* Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
* Click the Start button
* Wait for Android to boot
* Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you need practise!)
NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin “Auto Reboot” is not checked. Then after flashing, manually shutdown your device and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.
New to Samsung? Unfamiliar with Odin? Think all the above is a hassle? Get used to it. It’s very simple, and us Samsung folk use Odin (or Mobile ODIN ) for everything! It’s so very very convenient once you get used to it. Notice the 30 second comment above? For experienced users, the entire process indeed takes only 30 seconds!
Flashing with Odin:
3. At this point please make sure that ONLY TWO OPTIONS TICKED are “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” (otherwise you could end up with a very expensive paperweight)
If there are three files they should have one of PDA/PHONE/CSC in their names look for this and put them in the corresponding section.
6. ONCE AGAIN CHECK YOU HAVE NOT TICKED RE-PARTITION OR PUT IN A PIT FILE
7. Press start and the flash will begin, once this has started do not remove the usb cable or turn of your computer or the device the phone will reboot once the flash has finished.
* Chainfire for Cfautoroot method
* Ripx88 for confirming root working on T807T. Helped ALOT!
* Goriell for explaining how to port and porting it to SM-T807P. Helped ALOT!
* Samsung updates for firmware… took me 14 hours to download and mirror
* Many many more
* Tkkg1994 for help on somethings